You have heard the famous saying time and time again, it “Just fell in my lap.” Well, there is actually a lot of truth yet mystery behind the saying that may surprise you. Some people call it pure luck when things happen to them, where others tend to lean more on the sceptical side.
For example, you:
- Just received an unexpected inheritance or a lump sum of money
- Are genetically blessed, “I was born with these good genes!”
- Met your mate who fell out of the sky, when you weren't even looking
- Are living proof that dreams come true, drive your dream car, and live in your dream house
- Landed a big deal/mutual agreement, totally unexpected; or
- Are just THAT lucky!
The truth is, things falls into your lap everyday!
Yes, small bits and pieces fall every single day. Look, breathe, and feel them all around you. Every thought that enters your mind is a beautiful experience that leads you to subconsciously creating space for the larger experience that just fell into your lap out of nowhere!
You see, most of these little “signs,” “thoughts,” or “ideas” are taking you places you never would have pursued, right? Think about it.
You know that one day you needed to make a quick trip to the grocery store (without makeup!), you just happened to meet your mate in the checkout line. He fell into your lap.
You started to realize you had a passion for running, now here you are about to do your second marathon. That little passion ignited.
Or, you realized you really enjoy the work you do and started to give it 110%, just because it brings you joy. Then you happened to get a raise.
However, most of us agree that there comes a time when we need to take action on those bite-sized nudges we get.
As Audrey Hepburn famously quotes, “Good things aren't supposed to just fall into your lap. God is very generous, but He expects you to do your part first.”
When you start to draw your attention and focus on the little things that fuel you, you will be amazed at what is actually happening to you and to others.
You will find your journey:
- Self-fulfilling. You begin to see the beauty and the clarity this brings you personally.
- Inspires others. There’s something about when people see you go after your dreams, they become empowered through you to seek after their own.
- Allows you to then create bigger and larger goals you never would have before.
- Deepens and expands your comfort zone and you become fearless.
Here are four ways to find/embrace things to fall into your lap:
- Put effort forth.
- Start before you’re ready.
- Have big, audacious, immeasurable dreams.
- Weigh the risks (if you do/if you don’t)
Take action now. Grab your notebook and pen then write out at least 5 “things” that you have recently experienced. Write out the first “things” that come to mind, something that turned into a big amazing thing, or something you know is about to prosper.
See, things do fall into your lap more often than you think!